Old April 25th 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Deafening busker at Picadilly Circus

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
om...
"Robin Mayes" wrote in message

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
om...
Got on the picadilly line today and there was a busker with an
electric guitar and a massive amplifier. I didn't have my
decibelometer, but I'm sure that it was louder then 82dBa - so Health
and Safety should have come in and I should have been offered ear
protection. What is LUL's official policy on this, and will he be
banned and have his equipment taken off him?

Was he standing in an authorised pitch?

Yes, he was in the carling thing, but he was so loud that my ears were
still ringing at hyde park corner.

I gather from this that London Transport (or whatever they are called today)
have finally capitulated and got rid of the outright ban on buskers, and
allowed a limited number of licensed buskers to perform. When did this
happen?

Why is it necessary for Carling (or anyone) to sponsor the pitches: what did
Carling give in exchange for the publicity? I've never seen one of the
authorised pitches, but did they cost more to create than the cost of a bit
of paint on the floor to denote the outline of the pitch?