Old January 27th 15, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Crossrail likely to work any better than Thameslink?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:51:57AM +0000, Recliner wrote:
David Cantrell wrote:
Will the Heathrow Express (and Heathrow Connect) still exist in the long
term? After all Crossrail will go from Paddington to Heathrow.

Crossrail takes over HC, but HEx is supposed to live on, as a faster, more
premium non-stop service to Paddington. Time will tell if the market will
support it long term; it may depend on what terminals the two serve.

Hmm.

HEx's selling point, to me, was that it's a hell of a lot faster than
the Jubilee Line. Crossrail will still be a hell of a lot faster than
the Jubilee Line and I'm not convinced that the price differential of
HEx vs HC/Crossrail is worth the difference. In fact, once there are
direct trains from Heathrow to Liverpool St instead of having to change
at Paddington the HEx will, I think, look even less attractive.

But then I suppose that that's why HEx is so heavily advertised. I
recently watched a recording of the USA vs All Blacks rugby match from
back in November. HEx sponsor the USA team and were heavily advertised
around the pitch at Soldier Field and IIRC I've seen their ads at
stadiums in NZ and Aus too.

Just because it is possible to do this sort of thing
in the English language doesn't mean it should be done