Old February 6th 15, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Smyth[_2_] Peter Smyth[_2_] is offline

Default Underline?

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 22:37:19 on Thu, 5 Feb
2015, " remarked:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...bandoned-tube-
tunnels-london-underline

I know that Seattle converted at least one tunnel, which was
originally to be for a light rail line, into a dedicated bus lane.

I've not seen, however, anything like this.

The problem with a Holborn-Aldwych cycle route is that unless the
Holborn end is for Piccadilly Line passengers, the round trip
surface-tube-surface will take longer than walking. And don't let us
forget one the main reasons Aldwych closed was it was too expensive
to repair the lifts. Finally, what about the tidal flow of
Boris-bikes - what tooth fairy is going to be shuttling them back to
the other end so that more than a couple of dozen people can use the
route each morning or evening?

It's obvious - you run a train on the other track to take the bikes
back!

Peter Smyth