Old February 7th 15, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Underline?

On 06/02/2015 21:15, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 22:37:19 on Thu, 5 Feb 2015,
" remarked:
http://www.theguardian.com/cities/20...bandoned-tube-
tunnels-london-underline

I know that Seattle converted at least one tunnel, which was
originally to be for a light rail line, into a dedicated bus lane.

I've not seen, however, anything like this.

The problem with a Holborn-Aldwych cycle route is that unless the
Holborn end is for Piccadilly Line passengers, the round trip
surface-tube-surface will take longer than walking. And don't let us
forget one the main reasons Aldwych closed was it was too expensive to
repair the lifts. Finally, what about the tidal flow of Boris-bikes -
what tooth fairy is going to be shuttling them back to the other end so
that more than a couple of dozen people can use the route each morning
or evening?

FWIW there are tooth fairies that do an amount of Boris Bike redistribution:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/twic/4887369973

I'm not going to pass comment on how this would apply to a subterranean
Holborn-Aldwych cycle route because that would involve taking the idea
seriously!