Old February 7th 15, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underline?

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
10:25:52 on Sat, 7 Feb 2015,
remarked:
The problem with a Holborn-Aldwych cycle route is that unless the
Holborn end is for Piccadilly Line passengers, the round trip
surface-tube-surface will take longer than walking. And don't let
us forget one the main reasons Aldwych closed was it was too
expensive to repair the lifts. Finally, what about the tidal flow
of Boris-bikes - what tooth fairy is going to be shuttling them
back to the other end so that more than a couple of dozen people
can use the route each morning or evening?

It's obvious - you run a train on the other track to take the bikes
back!

Although built for two tracks, there's only one, and also massive
restoration work would be required to bring the second platform at
either end back into use.

Then that's the one the cyclists go in, silly! ;-)

That's the bore I was referring to when I said the others were in railway
use.

What I haven't been able to establish is whether the tunnel(s)
between the two stations [Holborn and Aldwych] are two bores, or a
larger bore with two tracks in. Traditionally it would be the former.

Perhaps boring experts could comment? (see: Yellow Pages).

Definitely two bores, like the rest of the Great Northern, Piccadilly &
Brompton Railway.

--
Colin Rosenstiel