Old February 10th 15, 10:21 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 6:13:11 PM UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.5...87.97,,0,-0.42

This road reminds me of various roads in the Lea Valley that pass
between two reservoirs, but it doesn't look like like there are, or
were, reservoirs here. It seems odd that they would have cut the road
through a natural ridge unless it was a high speed road, which it isn't.
So the alternative is that the land either side has been raised since
the road was built. Is it a dumping site for Crossrail spoil?

The area to the south of Choats Road was the site of Barking Power Station which was demolished in the 80's. There have been various plans to use the site for housing but nothing built as yet. There's a path down from Choats Road to the river, doesn't look promising at first but its really a nice peaceful bit of the Thames with an impressive view of a particularly wide bit of the river.

Rob Smith
Footprints of London
Well, thank you for that. I'll go and have a look in the next few days.