Old July 20th 03, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben Nunn Ben Nunn is offline

Default Borough boundaries

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Dave
), in message
who said:
Nick writes
Would you prefer they referred to you as 'Dear resident of the and
area formerly part of the county of Middlesex, Kent, Surrey,
Hertfordshire or Essex'?

Quite frankly, that would be better.

Quite frankly that's just ridiculous and merely serves to undermine
the rest of your argument.

Indeed.

Also, how far back do these ****s want to go?

There was time when the current LBoBexley wasn't part of Kent either,
because Kent didn't exist.

So let's refer to them as Mercia residents then, shall we?

I think it's deeply hypocritical to say that the 1963 London boundaries are
/wrong/, but the 1900 boundaries are OK.

Personally I have several gripes with the boundary commission's work, and
believe that London is long overdue a revamp - I'd like to realign the
Greater London boundary with the M25, which is the most obvious 'natural'
border we have right now.

BTN