Old February 17th 15, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@farmers.field is offline

Default Oyster charging for journeys that don't happen

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 13:02:49 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:40:00AM +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

Lack of transparency is a long term complaint that I (and others) have
with TfL's fares policy. Of course, this would never have happened if
they'd been re-nationalised. (Oh.. wait...)

I don't think that the problem is lack of transparency. The problem is
that the fare structure is too complex for any normal person to
remember.

I've said it before , I'll say it again - flat fares. Works in NYC, Moscow
and dozens of other systems so no reason it can't work here. Christ, even our
buses are a flat fare so its not like its unprecedented.

--
Spud