Old February 18th 15, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@farmers.field is offline

Default Pacers to be replaced by old London Underground trains?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 00:52:40 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
In article
-september.
, (Recliner) wrote:

150 DMs is all but 20 of the entire stock as built. It seems the
original idea of 3 car units has given way to one of 3 car units.

Am I missing something here??

Sorry. Finger trouble. The original idea was 4 car units.

Perhaps they'd be underpowered? They need to make up for their lower top
speed compared to Pacers with a higher acceleration.

The whole thing seems crazy to me. Why don't they just get some 170s or
something? Why re-engineer metro trains with a top speed of 40 mph that
have little in the way of crash protection?

Also I'm curious to know how they'll deal with the loading gauge issue.
LU surface stock is wider than mainline stock.

--
Spud