Old February 18th 15, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@farmers.field is offline

Default Pacers to be replaced by old London Underground trains?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 05:54:16 -0600
wrote:
In article ,
The top speed is 60mph. And they can't buy new 170s any more, as they're
not emissions compliant. In any case, the D-Trains will be far cheaper.

About half the cost in fact.

Another EU triumph.

If you mean to avoid the destruction of the planet, then yes.

A bit of extra soot from a train is neither here nor there. If the alternative
is so rubbish people would sooner drive then its hardly great policy.
Personally I wouldn't want to travel long distance in a D stock train especially
if its got some hammering transit van engine underneath the floor. Also I
can't see a van engine having the durability to last very long in that
application but thats up to them I guess.

--
Spud