Old February 18th 15, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster charging for journeys that don't happen

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 04:50:25PM +0000, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , David
Cantrell writes
Or you just wait 'til the following day and go to the Oyster website
(assuming your card is registered) or phone the Helpdesk and they'll
sort it out for you with significantly less faffing around...

And that's what I did - or rather, I emailed them.
But the problem isn't that it's a pain to get a refund - given that you
can just email them and it'll get sorted out, it's *not* a pain.

Assuming they have a good record of sorting things out. My experience of
National Rail TOCs and their sorting out of compensation claims is that
you have to have a system to track every one.

All Oyster charging errors are dealt with by TfL, so thankfully I don't
need to get SWT involved.

And TfL do have a good record of sorting out all the cock-ups they make
on my Oyster card - they've never quibbled at all. Although for this
most recent one, I told them in my email that I wanted to pick up the
refund at Thornton Heath, and their reply said something along the lines
of "thankyou for your email, your refund is waiting for you at Canary
Wharf" :-)

I remember when computers were frustrating because they did
exactly what you told them to. That seems kinda quaint now.
-- JD Baldwin, in the Monastery