Old February 27th 15, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Borisbuses

On 2015-02-27 16:52:31 +0000, Mizter T said:

Regarding the success or otherwise of the NBFL - well, despite some
assurances that all was now well, I think the issue of them getting
too hot in the summer - hence the Roastmaster nickname - is perhaps a
fundamental flaw in the design. They really aren't very pleasant when
it's hot, especially upstairs. Perhaps I'll reserve ultimate judgement
until this summer, but I'm not enormously hopeful.

I think they will either have to fit opening windows or full-on aircon,
which of course will both hit fuel consumption of an already heavy bus.

Full aircon on a bus with an always open door doesn't seem like a winner.

I think Paul C has previously speculated that fitting opening windows
upstairs might not be structurally possible on the NBFL.

Certainly, other better ventilated buses - with opening windows and
forced air ventilation systems - were more pleasant than stuffy NBFLs on
hot days.