Old February 27th 15, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Cycle hire goes red with Santander

On 2015\02\27 19:53, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:00:55 on Fri, 27 Feb
2015, Mizter T remarked:
Regarding the schemes eponymous nickname, Bozza said "If anyone still
persists in calling them 'Boris bikes' rather than Santander I will
change my name to Santander Johnson."

I expect the name could be as long lived as :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belisha_beacon

or even:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington_boot

Any older offerings with a vague transport connection?

William Baker, of Baker Street - partial (and unwitting) contributor
to the Bakerloo line name. Started laying out the street in 1755

That beats Lord Liverpool (after whom a Street is named) or William
Praed. But St James's Park dates to 1603, and Leicester Square to 1630.

I'll offer St Pauls's and 604 as the oldest yet. Can anyone beat that?

London Wall?
Aldgate?
Aldersgate?
London Bridge?