Old February 28th 15, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Borisbuses

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 12:51:17 +0000, Neil Williams

On 2015-02-28 10:56:30 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

I expect the NB4L will always remain controversial. I don't use them
because they are so noisy they give me headaches and make me ill. I
rarely get headaches so for me to get one requires something
"special". Every time a route converts to the NB4L another bit of the
bus network is "shut off" for me. Call me stupid if you want but no
other bus makes me ill.

I don't find them any noisier than any other London bus with the
upstairs extractor fans. Is there perhaps something else about them,
like the ride quality?

No not the ride quality which, to be fair, isn't too bad. I had an
excrutiating journey on a 24 where the engine was running permanently,
the vent system was roaring away plus the never ending bleeps and
warning noises about the rear door when in crew mode. By the time I
alighted I was done in. I've made some very long journeys by bus and
never felt the same.

Wow! I've had perfectly comfortable rides in NB4Ls. Whereabouts do you sit?
I almost always sit on top at the front.

--
Colin Rosenstiel