Old March 4th 15, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Overground down again

wrote:
On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:35:29 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 04/03/2015 16:29, d wrote:

On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:02:12 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
Clearly there are several places where there are crossovers but the
intensity of the service is such that you'd probably have trains at

I'm not sure I'd describe the service as "intense". One train every 3 to 5
minutes (in reality, never mind the timetable) is hardly at victoria line
levels.

The other difficulty will be the ripple effect if Overground trains
are forced to sit still on shared sections of track thereby buggering
up Southern and South Eastern services into London Bridge / Victoria /
Blackfriars. Services into London Bridge are regularly a complete
disaster and that has transferred vast numbers on to London Overground
and Jubilee Line services.

Was a stupid idea to extend onto NR tracks anyway as it means the overground
timetable is frequently up the bloody spout. One of the reasons I gave up
using it along with the nonsensical reversing of 2 out of 3 trains at Dalston
so providing a **** poor service to Highbury where 80% of northbound

passangers
actually want to go.

IME the Overground timetable is not "frequently up the bloody spout".

And how often do you use it? I used it every almost every weekday for about a
month and the service was appalling. Plus they had a nice habit of running
"fast" trains to highbury when the service really was screwed which nicely
****ed over the people who were waiting at Dalston having taken a reverser
there.

I thought you told us you used the quicker Victoria line option?