Old March 4th 15, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground down again

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 03/03/2015 18:31, eastender wrote:
One faulty train at Hoxton has knocked out the entire Highbury-New
Cross-Clapham-West Croydon-Crystal Place network.

I received the following email from TfL this afternoon, with the
subject of"London Overground services yesterday evening":

---quote---
Dear Mizter T,

I am writing to apologise for the major disruption to London
Overground services yesterday evening, Tuesday 3 March.

Our services were significantly disrupted by a southbound train
failure at Hoxton on the Highbury & Islington to Clapham Junction
line. As a result, many trains were cancelled or delayed.

We are examining the train to find the root cause of the failure and
what can be done to prevent such significant disruption happening
again.

As this fault was within our control, you can apply for a service
delay refund. You must do this within the next 13 days. For more
information, please visit tfl.gov.uk/refunds

Yours sincerely,
Mike Stubbs
Director London Overground, Transport for London
---quote---

How did they know you were affected? Did you email them?

--
Colin Rosenstiel