Old April 26th 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Station names

"Niklas Karlsson" wrote in message
In article t, Dave Newt

wrote:

It looks nothing like Arabic or Urdu; it's (like the street signs in
Brick Lane) Bengali.

My Sikh coworker insisted it was Punjabi when I showed him a photo of
the Southall station sign last year. (Of course, they may have changed
it since I stopped commuting past there, in mid-2003...)

It could be that several languages use the same alphabet and script. So
several of you could be correct in one respect.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm