Old March 8th 15, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Overground down again

In message 2015030817194448374-email@domaincom, at 17:19:44 on Sun, 8
Mar 2015, eastender remarked:

if Broad St station was still open, the amazingly successful
conversion of the ELL to the Overground, with the link to H&I, would
never have happened.

I think closing a London terminus given what we now know about
population growth and demand for travel was not a good decision. But
you can say that about a lot of railway closures.

If Thameslink 2018 performs to spec (or even if it doesn't), it'll be a
lot better than Holborn Viaduct for travellers south of the river.

Or if we include the tube: King William St.