Old March 9th 15, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Overground down again

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 14:29:40 +0000
eastender wrote:
I must say we are probably living in parallel universes - where you see
only private good I see ordinary people priced out of housing,

Its funny isn't it how some people are so keen on uncontrolled immigration yet
when the inveitable consequences occur - eg **** all housing available in
london at a reasonable rent - its suddenly someone elses fault. And I'm not
just talking about the lefties, we have idiots like Boris saying how wonderful
it is that Londons population will rise above 9m by 2020. Yes, absolutely
fantastic - so long as you're not a native (of whatever skin colour) who would
like to be able to afford to live here and doesn't want to share some scummy
little house with 5 strangers then commute in on overcrowded public transport
at rip off prices for a zero hours job that pays so little due to immigrants
pushing the wages down (and anyone who claims they haven't doesn't live in
the real world I'm afraid).

expensive housing lying empty, large 'spaces' patrolled by private
security and gated (eg Canary Wharf), neglected neighbourhoods next to
Canary Wharf, Excel, King's Cross etc, anodyne and expensive shopping
centres (Westfields).

If people didn't like shopping centres they'd go bust. You might not like them
- and frankly neither do I - but most other people do.

--
Spud