Old March 10th 15, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Overground down again

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at 09:09:09 on Tue, 10
Mar 2015,
d remarked:
When I worked in London for a decade until 2011 I noted that most of the
younger people I worked with came from every part of the UK except
London, while born and bred Londoners like me had long ago departed for
places like Crawley, Chelmsford and Cambridge.

Chelmsford is quite nice, Cambridge gorgeous. But Crawley? You'd have to
be pretty desperate to see that place as an improvement on London

For Chelmsford and Crawley the main attraction is cheaper houses and
the frequent rail service to London.

Since all three places were the homes of colleagues commuting to where I
worked in Westminster, that's the main point.

--
Colin Rosenstiel