Old March 13th 15, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Overground down again

On 2015-03-13 09:22:40 +0000, d said:

Many years ago I worked in farringdon with someone who lived in a village
a 30 min drive from lincoln station. Her commute could apparently take over 3
hours each way on a bad day because IIRC she had to change at nottingham and
if she missed the connection..... God knows how she stuck it , she must have
been on a good salary but had absolutely no life outside work as far as I could
tell.

I've commuted Bletchley-Slough which door to door (10 minutes on my
pushbike to the station, barely any quicker by car as the bike racks
are right near the entrance and there are a few cut-throughs) comes to
about 2.5 hours via London. A long one, but nicer than driving because
I just found an hour and a half of country lanes (no point going
anywhere near the M1, would take twice as long) just wore me out and
I'd arrive knackered. It did eat evenings, though, not typically
arriving home until 8. Only did it because I knew it was short-term.
In summer I sometimes even lengthened it to ride a Bozza bike across
London instead of taking the Tube; very pleasant indeed.

Neil
--
Neil Williams