Old March 13th 15, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Overground down again

On 2015-03-13 13:50:02 +0000, Roland Perry said:

The decision was a suit but no tie, and the result was that of the men
in the meeting: the chair and one other attendee were wearing a suit
and a tie, and myself and another were wearing a suit and no tie. Two
other men were wearing something more casual, which in the case of the
most casual was commented by other attendees on in a jokey, but not
necessarily positive, way.

Convention no doubt, but I totally fail to understand why an
ill-fitting piece of old fashioned dress and a bit of fabric
constricting your breathing is superior to, say, a neat company-branded
polo shirt or a short-sleeved shirt without tie, and a pair of chinos.

Maybe I should live in the US. Or Hoxton

Neil
--
Neil Williams