Old April 26th 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Station names

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Brimstone wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On 25 Apr 2004, Robin May wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote the following in:

I believe the north London station has already (on at least one
sign) been renamed Golda's Green by the skilful application of a
bit of spray paint?

Hackney Wick has been renamed "Hackneys Wicked". No apostrophe in
"Hackneys" though. Honestly, what do they teach kids these days.

how do you know it's not an archaically-formed plural noun phrase? there
may be Hackneys wicked, Hackneys good and Hackneys indifferent, but
they're all Hackneys of one sort or another.

Isn't this sub-thread becoming rather hackneyed?

oh, that's poor - you're really starting to get on my wick now.

tom

--
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.