Old March 22nd 15, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster refunds

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 17:38:43 -0500,

wrote:

I have written several times and had a string of non-answers. Even
politicians are better at answering the questions asked. The first time
all I got was a paean of praise for the ticket office closure programme,
ignoring my actual questions entirely.

So it looks as if it will become impossible to sort out overcharging of
unregistered Oyster cards because it will be impossible to produce the
evidence. TfL's initial answer is always to deny responsibility if the
problem doesn't arise immediately, unlikely when users are only
occasional visitors to London. :-(

I hadn't appreciated you'd written. London Travelwatch is therefore
your next legitimate port of call. I expect they would know by now
some of the detail but if not they would certainly ask the questions
for you. They have rather more weight in getting a response. After
that it's time for the London Assembly but you're at some disadvantage
as you can't claim to be a constituent of a member but I can't see the
Transport Committee refusing to listen.

Hmm. I think I talked to them (I know Tim Bellenger and John Cartledge)
about the problem I had before the ticket office closure plan was announced.
They couldn't help with the original refund complaint but TfL did sort it
out in the end, at about the third attempt.

Maybe I'll have a closer look at one of the new machines when I next see
one. I seem to use my bike more than the tube in London these days and my
next likely visit will be with a Day Travelcard (better value at weekends).

Also, I have a feeling I'm now out of unregistered Oyster cards because I
got my wife to switch to contactless. Having a railcard I need to stick to
Oyster but most of mine were registered long ago.

--
Colin Rosenstiel