Old March 23rd 15, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster refunds

In message , at 10:54:34 on Mon, 23
Mar 2015, Neil Williams remarked:
I don't recall being able to get top-up receipts at the point of
purchase, and have had to rely on my Credit Card statements to get
reimbursed.
While I am a bit surprised at this, surely the way to get
reimbursed is by getting a journey record printout and claiming for
what you travelled, rather than what you put on the card?

AIUI the problem is that the ticket offices where you would get the
printout are closing, and the machines don't have the facility to
print journey history.

Doesn't strike me as a difficult feature to add.

There's two aspects - providing an extension to the user interface,
designing a printout that will fit on a slew of ticket blanks, and
arranging for the machine to be able to query the full journey history
rather than just what's on the card. Then a software update to thousands
of machines.