Old March 24th 15, 08:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Updated Crossrail 2 route protected

On 2015\03\24 21:04, Roger T. wrote:
So given the track record (groan) of Thameslink 2000, we can expect it to
open in about 2048?

Yes, if they're still moving the route around, completion by 2030 seems
highly unlikely. Your guess seems as good as any.

======================================

To quote from my rule book.

"Expect movement on any track, in any direction at anytime."

Am I the only one who think the Seven Sisters - Alexandra Palace branch
is like an April Fool joke? I might be able to see some sense in it if
they could reopen the abandoned alignment and extend it to Stratford
over existing lines, but as a new build tunnel linking to a line almost
exactly at right angles to it, nuts! What's going on there? Has some
survey determined that there is an unusually high proportion of
transvestite dwarves in that area, a demographic hitherto neglected by
transport planners?