Old March 25th 15, 09:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Updated Crossrail 2 route protected

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:32:06 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:16:11 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 21:46:55 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
Am I the only one who think the Seven Sisters - Alexandra Palace branch
is like an April Fool joke? I might be able to see some sense in it if

Given how up and coming Muswell Hill is these days and the amount of bus
traffic that crawls around there, I'd suggest re-opening the Highgate to
Alexandra Palace branch wouldn't be a bad idea. The trackbed is still mostly
extant and there could be a shuttle service to highgate high level where pax
could walk down to the main northern line at the low level.

Unfortunately the rare bats that roost in the disused tunnels would
stop that. I have been lucky enough to visit Highgate High Level and
walk on the old track bed and up to the tunnel entrance. Big warning
signs about not disturbing the bats! I think it's a criminal offence
to disturb them.

Cue rant by way of reply. ;-)

Meh. I'm sure they could be moved. Besides, this short branch would probably
only require one of the tunnels to be re-opened. Obviously it'll never happen
but it would be a real boon for that area which is badly snarled with traffic
all the time. God knows why those idiots back in the day took up the track
in the first place. What were they thinking? If they were at all.

--
Spud