Old March 25th 15, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able Peter Able is offline

Default Museum lines get funding

On 25/03/2015 00:59, wrote:
In article , stuck@home
(Peter Able) wrote:

On 24/03/2015 17:26, Recliner wrote:
eastender wrote:
A £5.54bn investment in four London Underground (LU) lines should
improve efficiency, Transport for London (TfL) has claimed.

Work to the District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines
will include a new signalling system, new track, longer platforms and
rebuilt train depots.

Tfl said the plans for a new signalling system include the oldest part
of the network built, which was built in 1863 and "belong in a museum".

This, of course, is the long-delayed SSL resignalling contract that has
had at least two false starts so far. The new track, S Stock trains,
depot extensions and platform extensions have already happened, in some
cases, several years ago.

I'm sure looking forward to that two minute service at Chesham

The four minute service on the Circle will make me happy.

I note no-one here has picked up the markedly increased cost.

Well, I was poking fun at the BBC's appalling journalism. The increase
in costs and the statements that this is an ongoing project and that the
two minute service commitment is only applicable to most of the central
London lines is included int TfL's press release.

On Monday I took my first trip on the Circle Line for a while and
travelled in the rear-most car. Do some of the platform extensions
mentioned in this plan mean that that rear-most car may, eventually,
make station calls at a platform, and not in the tunnel? The
announcements that passengers wanting to get off at these stops should
move forward in the train is not exactly helpful when the train is
crush-loaded

PA