Old April 26th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Station names

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Tom Anderson wrote:

what about Seven Sisters? i know that's a road,
a roundabout and a station, but where does the
name come from (the Pleiades, i guess, but how?).

No, I think it was after a line of seven trees (The Seven
Sisters) that once upon a time lined the street.

And an image of 7 trees makes up the motif on the Victoria Line platforms.

I think there was a pub called the Seven Sisters there as well.

Er... where's the roundabout at Seven Sisters?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped