Old March 25th 15, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster refunds

In message , at 17:55:16 on Wed, 25
Mar 2015, Neil Williams remarked:
What I find is that transactions - curiously almost always refunds -
don't happen.

I've never had that. Except once, when it was a malfunction of one of
the priority machines at Luton Airport, which gave me a receipt but I
was never charged for it.

The latest was Parcelforce, who were due to refund me "within 24hrs"
for a pickup that I cancelled. And it was only because I had a bit of
paper on my desk - the one they'd have signed to say the pickup had
been done - that I remembered to check a couple of weeks later.

I add notes to my calendar to check whether companies initiate a refund or not.

There was a time when I was travelling more than I am now, where I had
to set up a specific scheme to try to track the refunds. Lots of them,
due to the Icelandic ash cloud. But also a knock-on effect because I was
trying to combine those affected flights with rail journeys south of the
channel. Without the flights, I also needed as many refunds for the
connecting trains as the rules allowed.