Old March 26th 15, 08:28 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Updated London Crossrail 2 route protected

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:22:54 +0000
Charles Ellson wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:07:24 +0000, e27002 aurora
wrote:
The closure of the Northern City route to Muswell Hill never made
sense.

AFAIR it was somewhat under-used at the time and was closed even
before the dreaded Doctor came on the scene.

The usual short term thinking we excel in in the UK. Of course if they'd
bothered to electrify it instead of running some wheezing steam service people
even then might have been more inclined to use it. If it was open today I can
guarantee it would be packed.

It did to the motorway builders. Big Mistake 2 didn't help a lot
either but Green-belting took away much of what had been intended
future traffic.

Had the extension been built to Mill Hill Broadway, today North Londoners
would have had a short cut to Thameslink.

cough 221, 240 /cough

Pffft. You ever travelled by bus in london in the rush hour? Might as well
walk.

--
Spud