Old April 26th 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Station names

John Rowland wrote:

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message

Tom Anderson wrote:

what about Seven Sisters? i know that's a road,
a roundabout and a station, but where does the
name come from (the Pleiades, i guess, but how?).

No, I think it was after a line of seven trees (The Seven
Sisters) that once upon a time lined the street.

And an image of 7 trees makes up the motif on the Victoria Line platforms.

Though the balloons on the tiles at Finsbury Park are the wrong
Finsbury, aren't they? (So the tiles are not infallible...)

I think there was a pub called the Seven Sisters there as well.

Talking of junctions, the Nag's Head (which was an O'Neil's for the past
few years) has now closed completely and is just a tat shop now.

Er... where's the roundabout at Seven Sisters?

I haven't bloody got it!

:-)