Old March 27th 15, 12:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Updated Crossrail 2 route protected

On 2015\03\27 12:04, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:03:54 on Fri, 27
Mar 2015, Clive Page remarked:
- a station connecting to both Euston and King’s Cross, instead of at
King’s Cross only

That seems very sensible. If only they had thought of that when
planning HS2.

But it just occurs to me, perhaps they could add to the new station a
pair of moving walkways connecting Euston with the King's
Cross-St.Pancras complex? This would be greatly appreciated by all
those who currently slog along the uneven pavements, exposed to the
weather, between these two locations. It would also connect
Eurostar/HS1 services and HS2, which currently have this large air gap
between them.

This idea crops up regularly (for as long as I can remember). I think
the problem is the number existing things both above and below the
ground over the route.

I'm not sure there's much under Brill Place / Phoenix Road. I wonder if
there would be enough demand for a constant walkway in each direction...
the distance is about half the distance between Gatwick North and South
terminals, so perhaps a shuttle vehicle might have a narrower footprint
and work out both quicker and cheaper. Or maybe a tram, and extend it to
Peckham :-)