Old April 27th 04, 04:59 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Station names

Robin May wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote the following in:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Brimstone wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On 25 Apr 2004, Robin May wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote the
following in:

I believe the north London station has already (on at least
one sign) been renamed Golda's Green by the skilful
application of a bit of spray paint?

Hackney Wick has been renamed "Hackneys Wicked". No
apostrophe in "Hackneys" though. Honestly, what do they teach
kids these days.

how do you know it's not an archaically-formed plural noun
phrase? there may be Hackneys wicked, Hackneys good and
Hackneys indifferent, but they're all Hackneys of one sort or
another.

Isn't this sub-thread becoming rather hackneyed?

oh, that's poor - you're really starting to get on my wick now.

I would have thought you'd have a wicked sense of humour.

Maybe, but there's no need to have a downer on him.