Old March 29th 15, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster refunds

In message , at 09:24:05 on Sun, 29 Mar
2015, tim..... remarked:
I doubt that HMRC will ever expect "record keeping" to go paperless.

In that case we are in agreement.

Which means that all those suppliers who increasingly insist on
paperless records are simply externalising their costs to customers
who are forced to print the things out (and keep them) in order to
satisfy HMRC.

One of us is not understanding

The requirement to "file" online has not changed the status of paper
(or electronic) receipts

under the old system you didn't send the receipts to HMRC but kept them
is store until the possibility of being audited has passed

and with the new system, you don't send them to HMRC but keep them is
store until the possibility of being audited has passed

We are actually in fierce agreement about the matters above.

Perhaps we can also agree that:

Of course, with contactless payment now live many people will have
switched to just using their credit/debit card directly. That I think
can legitimately be said to be a paper saver.

Doesn't actually help people who need to put their travel costs through
company accounts. Because they'll continue to need to print out extracts
from card statements as collateral.