Old March 29th 15, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster refunds

In message , at 10:53:44 on Sun, 29 Mar
2015, tim..... remarked:

Of course, with contactless payment now live many people will have
switched to just using their credit/debit card directly. That I
think can legitimately be said to be a paper saver.

Doesn't actually help people who need to put their travel costs
through company accounts. Because they'll continue to need to print
out extracts from card statements as collateral.

I am sure we have agreed this before, as I had to start a discussion on
the subject when I had the problem with an overseas contract (relevance
being that this work doesn't go through my Ltd and thus I have to deal
with someone other than my normal accountant)

but what is the point you are making by bring it up?

That printed receipts from railway (and similar) ticketing machines do
still have a use, and going paperless doesn't always [in fact rarely in
my experience] make things simpler for everyone.