Old March 29th 15, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St.Pancras

On 29/03/2015 16:46, wrote:

On Sunday, 29 March 2015 12:50:39 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
[...]
I don't know all the ins and outs, not living in London, but I
understood the plan was to redeploy staff to the passenger areas to
assist passengers. I assume there will be staff to assist visitors
and others in operating the machines.

Since there are almost always non-trivial queues at every King's Cross ticket machine how is that going to work, then?

It's hard to see it being other than something of a calamity.

Last time I had to wait for one of the party to use a King's Cross ticket office it was because he needed to buy a priv ticket. How will that work without a ticket office?

I *think* priv fares will be on the hidden menu on ticket machines,
accessible only by the roving staff.