Old March 30th 15, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:18:00 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
14:55:41 on Sun, 29 Mar 2015, CJB remarked:
The staff at the ThamesLink ticket office at St.Pancras are useless and

frequently sell me the wrong tickets then have to cancel them, and then
re-issue what I requested in the first place. Frankly a ticket machine would

be better - except they don't offer the extension tickets I need.

I had a problem with that office. I needed a ticket that the machines
didn't sell: because it was for "tomorrow" and "not from here". I was
doing a triangular trip flying out of Gatwick and returning to Luton,
and thought I'd buy the ticket for the once-upon-a-time free shuttle bus
to the MML station in advance.

Despite asking for what I wanted several times, the chap simply refused
to comprehend. Eventually he issued me with a ticket from Parkway to the
Airport. I gave up.

Start speaking to them in French. You'll find their english language ability
suddenly improves immensely. Works in Flanders anyway

--
Spud