Old April 27th 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Station names

In article , Ian Jelf
writes
(Incidentally, the "Howdah" was a quite common guild symbol,

[...]
I *think* it might even appear on the coat of arms of the Mercers'
Company in London, too but I'm not in a position to check that out from
where I'm posting at the moment.

Checked. No.

On their web site, the shield is shown as gules, a woman's head and
shoulders cut off by a wreath argent and wearing a coronet with 8 points
surmounted by balls [1], all within a very fancy [2] bordure argent. No
supporters. Crest is the same woman. Motto "HONOR DEO".

[1] Not one of the crest coronets I recognise.
[2] I can't be bothered to look up what it is.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: