Old March 31st 15, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

In message , at 18:51:18 on Tue, 31 Mar
2015, Mizter T remarked:
And they haven't got a clean track record so far with Oyster capping,
where all they promise[1] turns out to be to cap to the cheapest
Travelcard that would once upon a time have been available for purchase,
and not try to work out if a slightly cheaper travelcard plus one single
from that card's boundary, might have worked out less expensive.

They've perhaps wormed their way out of that corner now by pretty much
having a flat fare for all paper day travelacrds.

[1] Mizter T can correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong, sorry!

If you do enough journeys within say zones 1&2 to reach a cap, and then
make a journey out to zone 6 (e.g. last day being a tourist in London
then out to Heathrow), you'll be capped for z1&2 and then pay a z3-z6
journey on top.

My impression was that they'd charge you for a Z1-6 travelcard.