Old April 1st 15, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

On 2015-04-01 15:20:10 +0000, said:

That's not what I thought you said which is why I was saying that railcard
discounts would have to remain. I agree they could be tied to contactless
card accounts in future but they can't be now and even on Oyster they don't
show in online accounts, inexplicably.

I mentioned both options - removing acceptance, and tying to the
contactless account (which under the new Oyster system will be
basically the same as tying to an Oyster card).

If Railcards ever become ITSO cards with all discounted tickets held on
them as I suspect they will, you could even tie it to that - either
associate a PAYG account or a debit/credit card to the Railcard itself,
and tap away.

Neil
--
Neil Williams