Old April 5th 15, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default It's catching

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
10:38:20 on Sun, 5 Apr 2015, Offramp remarked:
The odd thing about Amstrad was that they only made one product, the
eMailer, and it was total and utter garbage!

Huh? Amstrad made scores of audio/tv/ video products, and then the
464/6128 home computers, PCW word processors, 1512/1640 PC clones, about
half a dozen 286/386 AT-clones, the PPC luggable, a clamshell portable,
and several re-launched Sinclair machines. Plus a fax machine and a
couple of printers. That was all in the six years I was there (until 1989).

I think that people who watched early Apprentice series might have got the
impression that the ridiculous eMailer was the only Amstrad product, as it
appeared in as many scenes as possible. It was that sort of product
placement that put me off watching it. In fact Amstrad was almost history
by the time the Apprentice started, and I think Viglen was by then AMS's
only computer product. Wasn't he also into satellite set-top boxes by then?