Old April 5th 15, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default It's catching

In message , at 20:43:14 on
Sun, 5 Apr 2015, Peter Johnson
remarked:
I remember PC reviewers mocking Amstrad for integrating components on
the motherboard - common practice now.

What people didn't understand was that we were using the latest silicon
technology to reduce the parts count and make the computers easier to
build and more reliable. As well as lowering the cost. iirc there were
as many chips on IBM's graphics adapter card as in the whole of the
PCW1512, and similarly the parts count inside a contemporary EPSON
matrix printer was higher than the whole PCW - system unit, VDU,
keyboard and printer combined.