Old April 7th 15, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster balance showing online

In article ,
() wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Fri, 03 Apr 2015 04:01:01 -0500,

wrote:

It turns out looking online today that the exit at Heathrow Terminal 5
may have showed me the correct fare and balance but the system shows it
as an incomplete journey and has charged me £3.45 for it. GOK where
that fare comes from. Incomplete journeys are normally charged more
than that I thought.

Having looked at a TfL booklet I was sent I can confirm that what has
happened is that you've been charged the entry charge - this is £3.45
for a Railcard discount holder travelling off peak. For whatever
reason your exit did not register so the £1.40 was not added back to
charge you the correct discounted fare of £2.05. It looks to me as if
something happened whereby the gate transaction appeared to work OK
"on the ground" but the data hasn't reconciled itself at the centre
hence your account charge showing what it does.

I doubt you can't readily check but I'd be interested to see what the
actual card balance shows as.

Something to watch for on Tuesday then, when I'll be back at Heathrow.

I had a reply from TfL on Sunday saying "Your application has been
successful and you are due a refund of £1.40", inviting me to nominate where
to collect it. I nominated Heathrow T5 of course, where I arrived this
lunchtime.

I took the precaution of looking at the card balance and journey history on
a ticket machine at T5 before letting it near a gate. It showed the journey
to Heathrow, £2.05 charge and £5.60 balance all correctly. I took the
precaution of photographing the ticket machine screen. When I touched in at
the barrier it told me my balance was £5.60 (and showed the correct amounts
at KXStP). We'll see what Oyster Online has to say later.

--
Colin Rosenstiel