Old April 9th 15, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Electoral registration (was: Croxley Rail Link go ahead confirmed)

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:38:01 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:36:08 on Thu, 9 Apr
2015, d remarked:
And what with students in those days probably being from a 4yr O-level
stream, not having gap years, and almost always on a 3yr degree course,
not very many undergrads would have been over-21 anyway.

I suspect the majority of students still don't have gap yahs. They tend to
be restricted to those whose parents have deep pockets and can fund them
buggering about in the far east smoking weed for a year.

The gap years I've heard about aren't leisure. They are a form of
sandwich course - probably no longer available.

Ah ok. Arn't sandwich courses still available? I'd have assumed they were
crucial for some courses such as languages.

Spend a year working for a "sponsor" firm, who then pays you a small
retainer while you do your degree, and then as long as you pass will
give you a further year of "graduate trainee" induction. At the end of
the five years you both decide whether to stay or not.

Probably less common now firms can just do zero hours contracts.

--
Spud