Old April 9th 15, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electoral registration (was: Croxley Rail Link go ahead confirmed)

In message , at 13:07:41 on Thu, 9 Apr
2015, d remarked:
The gap years I've heard about aren't leisure. They are a form of
sandwich course - probably no longer available.

Ah ok. Arn't sandwich courses still available? I'd have assumed they were
crucial for some courses such as languages.

Yes, but they aren't described as a "gap year" - which is between
leaving school and going to Uni.

Spend a year working for a "sponsor" firm, who then pays you a small
retainer while you do your degree, and then as long as you pass will
give you a further year of "graduate trainee" induction. At the end of
the five years you both decide whether to stay or not.

Probably less common now firms can just do zero hours contracts.

The sort of firms I had in mind don't do zero-hours contracts.