Old April 9th 15, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster balance showing online

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 09/04/2015 18:17,
wrote:
[...]
It seems like there's a significant communications problem somewhere
between T5 and TfL Central. Is this possible, Paul?

My wife used her contactless credit card both ways. That worked fine
outwards which I why I know my touch out time which failed to register
but her touch in on the inward journey failed to get through to the
central computer though her exit at King's Cross was OK. In both cases
there were no gate issues such as following or being followed by
someone else. She was charged £5.20 for an unstarted journey instead of
£3.10 for which we have now had to claim a refund.

I see only one refund a month is allowed. With such unreliable
communications is that reasonable?

I haven't looked at your previous Oyster issue (the subject of this
thread) but I've had zero problems when using contactless. I do avoid
the bi-directional wide aisle gates, particularly if they are locked
open.

On the way to Heathrow she had a flawless journey on contactless and I had a
problem on Oyster. The common factor in the problems was cards working the
gates as expected at T5 but that not being communicated correctly to the
back office. That is a critical failure for contactless but Oyster sorted
itself out as the system seems to believe what the card tells it.

Did she perchance go through a gate that was locked open?

No, they were all closed but are all wide at T5.

--
Colin Rosenstiel