Old April 9th 15, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

wrote:
In article
-september.
, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article

,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote:

Pity you didn't take any pictures of the ticket machine queues. How
long were they?

Short in the western hall. In the other two, it was hard to separate
the queues for the machines and the ticket office open window(s) as
they seemed to run into each other. Basically, the ticket halls were
almost full of queuing people, or their travelling companions waiting
for them. So I can't be sure how long the queues for the machines were.

It's usually fairly clear which sort of queue is which IME.

The ticket office queue snaked round the machines. I suppose that, had I
been trying to join one or other of the queues, I would have been able to
find the right one to join, but from where I was standing, it wasn't
obvious.

Things have got worse then, in the Main and Western ticket halls anyway. It
always used to be clear which queue was which.

No such problem in the Western ticket office any more, as there's no longer
a ticket office queue! Strangely, the queue for the machines wasn't very
long, either.

Of course, once the new machines are working, the queues ought to go down.