Old April 11th 15, 07:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default So that's Heathrow getting the new runway then

wrote in message
In article ,
(e27002 aurora) wrote:

Wonderful News. IMHO extraction should be to the greatest extent
possible. Normally oil is accompanied by natural gas. So _maybe_ the
Southeast will be able return to inexpensive domestic supplies. Not
that it will help me. My condo is all electric :-(.

How will you deal with the global warming implications of burning more
fossil fuels, then?

While I can see a case for modest extraction to substitute for imported
oil,
increased consumption is unsustainable.

I think everyone understands that.

which is why we (both the population as individuals, and the government) are
taking steps to discourage use.

But people who live in poorly insulated properties [1] still have to heat
them, no matter how many Greenies picket their door

tim

[1] and not all poorly insulated properties can be economically brought up
to standard. I used to live in one such