Old April 15th 15, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_5_] eastender[_5_] is offline

Default Unknown transaction - Oyster

On 2015-04-14 22:46:09 +0000, said:

In article 2015041419181297601-email@domaincom,

On 2015-04-14 17:35:34 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 17:56:50 +0100, eastender
wrote:

It is an odd one. It was actually my wife using my card as she had just
lost her own card - I have just asked her what she did and she just
offered up the card alone, which is in a plastic holder. She doesn't
recall a reader problem (it was 6 April). Her purse was separate so I
doubt it was a contactless card conflict which in any case would be for
a different account.

I have just filled in the online form to register a refund/complaint.

Very strange then. Must be an equipment issue given what was done with
the card (i.e. used correctly).

You would have thought that they would fix it rather than post a
cryptic unknown transaction message that is bound to be queried by
some. Or maybe it really is Boris's master plan.

After my problems at Heathrow T5 one does wonder if the database system is
creaking under the load.

I don't think it's anything to do with load - it's systems 101 surely
to flag and send anomolous events like this to an internal process.
Posting it to the user is just sloppy.

E.